Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year!

Another year, another day.

I honestly doubt nothing will change majorly this year, after all, things rarely ever do.

Now, hear me out. This isn't as dark and depressing as it sounds, or at least it doesn't reflect a dark and depressing place as its origin. Events will change. Attitudes will change. Power will change. But the world will still turn. People will still get up every morning (or night) and go about their days. The basics of human biology stay the same. None of that will change.

Last year, 2018, I had some major changes in my daily life, new opportunities, a future opened up to me. Despite this, I still had to get up every morning and work or study or learn. I didn't change, even if things did.

This year, 2019, my situation will not change as much, already being in school and all, but the subtle things might, if I let them. Or they might not.

Growth and change are inevitable. They happen. Personal growth and change, that is. This year, I want to foster that. As such, I have made resolutions. No, not the grand, "I'm going to change everything bout how I am living," kind of resolutions. More the "I will continue to exist in this crazy world" type.

Here they are:

1. I will not cut or dye my hair. --> This one is big because I often use haircuts and dye to change my image and appearance or how I feel about myself. This year I want to accept myself for who I am, raw and beautiful. I also want to see if I can get long hair again....

2. I will take opportunities as they come. --> This is not to say that I will not seek opportunities, but I will also not hide from them when they appear. The world happens for a reason. I need to let it.

3. I will be more accepting of my faults. --> If my obsession with tv shows has taught me anything, it is that no one, not even the superheroes can do everything, perfectly, all the time. I am working to accept that, some days, I will not be 100% on everything and on those days I need to accept wherever I am and remind myself that tomorrow is another day. (This of course does not apply to tests.)

4. I will make more of an effort to connect with others. --> I isolated myself last year and do not want to again and so this year I am going to make an effort to socialize more with my peers (at least at school). I don't go to parties or any of that but I want to put more effort in on a daily basis.

And there it is. My New Year's Resolution.

Let's see how I do (the hair one will probably fail).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Wynonna?

  This is my submission for the #WhereisWynonna challenge. I am not adept at making videos, and I really dislike recordings of my voice, so ...